Unexpected semicolons in RELEASETYPE tags

Beets is adding semicolons and spaces after each letter of the releasetype tags. I’m not sure if the info is coming straight from Musicbrainz or if it’s something to do with my config, but if I have an album, the RELEASETYPE tag shows:

a; l; b; u; m

the same goes for if it’s an EP or a Single:

I saw it in the tags earlier but didn’t see it negatively affecting anything so I left it alone because I had been looking at my music through Navidrome but thought I’d pull up Ampache to see if anything weird was happening and that’s where it turning into an issue:

I’m not sure if it’s the MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMTYPE or the RELEASETYPE that is causing this, I’m assuming the RELEASETYPE but haven’t tested it yet.

If this is just how things are tagged on import from Musicbrainz, is there as way to mass edit these tags in beets? For example find all tags that match “a; l; b; u; m” and change to “album”?

Edit to add - if I run the info command on an album, none of these tags show up:

but if I run the info command on the song I can see the colon separated release type but it’s in the ALBUMTYPES tag and RELEASETYPES and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMTYPE are not shown.

since the ALBUMTYPES tag comes from the albumtypes plugin I’m wondering if that is causing this, but I’d still be confused about how it’s getting into the MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMTYPE tag. Here’s my configuration of the albumtypes and inline plugins: