I made a new custom field to help me keep track of the source of my files, for example if they came from a cd rip or if I purchased them at a particular online store. I’m having trouble setting this field on files whose path contains an accent (at least I think I’ve narrowed down the problem to that).
This works fine:
$ beet modify mysource=mycd path:/Volumes/Music/Music/Gustav\ Holst;\ Boston\ Symphony\ Orchestra,\ New\ England\ Conservatory\ Chorus,\ 小澤征爾/
This doesn’t work:
$ beet modify mysource=mycd path:/Volumes/Music/Music/Ludwig\ van\ Beethoven;\ Jenő\ Jandó/
error: No matching items found.
I’m running beets from git (b63b66a3912c000ee961b3da7efa4bb1ddfaecb1), MacOS 10.15.7 and my library is on an nfs mount. I’ve set ‘nfs.client.mount.options = nfc’.