Unable to download album art using fetchart

Hey guys! Couldn’t find an answer for this problem elsewhere.
When importing albums using beets, the current message pops up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\__init__.py", line 496, in move
    os.replace(path, dest)
OSError: [WinError 17] The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: '\\\\?\\C:\\Users\\Thiago\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmply0loale.jpg' -> '\\\\?\\F:\\music\\Alice Cooper\\1971 - Love It to Death\\cover.jpg'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts\beet-script.py", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('beets==1.6.0', 'console_scripts', 'beet')())
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1285, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1272, in _raw_main
    subcommand.func(lib, suboptions, subargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1083, in func
    self.batch_fetch_art(lib, lib.albums(ui.decargs(args)), opts.force,
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1145, in batch_fetch_art
    self._set_art(album, candidate)
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1048, in _set_art
    album.set_art(candidate.path, delete)
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 1317, in set_art
    util.move(path, artdest)
  File "C:\Users\Thiago\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\__init__.py", line 499, in move
    prefix=py3_path(b'.' + os.path.basename(dest)),
TypeError: can't concat str to bytes

I have this on my config file:

fetchart:
    sources:
        - filesystem
        - fanarttv
        - coverart: release
        - itunes
        - coverart: releasegroup    

I’m on Windows 11. Is it a bug or is it something i can fix locally on my machine?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi I have the same issue.
The problem occurs only when the directory where the files are stored is not on the system disk.

Have you found a way to solve the issue ?

Thx

The latest release version of beets doesn’t have the fix for this issue in it: Improved fix for Unicode mistakes in atomic move by sampsyo · Pull Request #4209 · beetbox/beets · GitHub

You’d need to switch to the latest source version to use the fix.