Newb Help: configuration error: paths must be a dict, not NoneType

I’m looking for some assistance with my paths config. I’ve done a lot of research but I’m sure there’s something obvious missing since this is not in my wheelhouse.

When I try to lauch the beet command I receive the following error: configuration error: paths must be a dict, not NoneType

I assume this is a syntax error in my paths portion of my config but I don’t know how to find it.

Below is my paths config:

Paths

paths:

Default (same as albums)

default: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Albums/(%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000}) $album%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

EPs

albumtype:EP: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/EPs/(%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000}) $album%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

Singles

albumtype:single: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Singles/(%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000}) $album%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

Bootlegs

albumstatus:bootleg: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Live (Bootleg)/$album ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

Live Albums

albumtype:live: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Live (Official)/(%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000}) $album%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

Soundtracks

albumtype:soundtrack: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Soundtracks/$album (%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000})%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $artist - $title

Compilations

albumtype:compilation: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Compilations/$album (%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000})%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $artist - $title

Albums

albumtype:album: %bucket{%upper{%left{%the{$albumartist },1}}}/%the{$albumartist}/Albums/(%if{$original_year,$original_year,0000}) $album%aunique{albumartist album year, albumtype label catalognum albumdisambig} ($media) %if{$is_flac,($format $bitdepth-$samplerate),($format $bitrate)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track - $title

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that the is_flac tag is listed in my inline plugin:

Inline plugin multidisc template

item_fields:
is_flac: 1 if format == “FLAC” else 0
multidisc: 1 if disctotal > 1 else 0

Please use Markdown code blocks to paste files like this. Otherwise, it’s impossible to tell what your configuration actually looks like.

Please disregard, simply an ID10T syntax error.

Great strides are being made, but I’m sure I’ll face some more hurdles.

Thanks again.

1 Like