Earlier this year, I bought a NAS and moved all my music from the internal hard drive to the NAS.
So, all my music used to be in /mnt/storage/music_library
I mounted the NAS to /mnt/music and did an rsync from the old location to the new location. I then created symlink that liked /mnt/music to /mnt/storage/music_library.
THEN, I really did something stupid. I didn’t read the documentation. Instead I just went into the config.yaml and edited:
and changed it to:
And I went on my merry way importing more music. So, now I have a bunch of music in the database that thinks it’s at /mnt/storage/music_library and other music that thinks it’s at /mnt/music.
I’m trying to clean this up.
- Delete the database and reimport everything using
beet import -AWC
- Create a new directory on the NAS. Mount it on the server and do a