Export plugin not returning path

It looks like exporting the path was just added a couple months back for which I am grateful! However, it doesn’t seem to be working for me… It just returns blank json objects:

beet export -i 'path' -l unconditional acceleration

Output:

[
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {}

-vv output:

user configuration: /home/kuzi/.config/beets/config.yaml
data directory: /home/kuzi/.config/beets
plugin paths:
Sending event: pluginload
inline: adding item field multidisc
inline: adding item field disc_and_track
library database: /home/kuzi/.config/beets/library.db
library directory: /home/kuzi/media/music/
Sending event: library_opened
[
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {},
    {}
Sending event: cli_exit

Is there something I’m missing or doing wrong?

Hi! Are you running the latest source or a released version? There are instructions for running from source in the FAQ.

No, I was running the latest stable release. Looks like switching to source fixed it however, thanks a lot! Now the only other issue I have is that it seems to be taking an extraordinarily long time to run the same command above on the entire library (10,000+ tracks), roughly just over an hour. It seems that for such a simple operation it shouldn’t take so long. Should I submit another post for that or is it a known issue?

Weird! No—if you can get a reproducible case (i.e., something we can run locally without having access to your library), then please do file a bug on GitHub.

I think it may be related to the export plugin doing more than it needs. Will make an issue on GitHub for it with more details.