Errno 2 No such file or directory

Hi there, happy beets user here so far.

I’ve been having this issue with beets lately when I try to add to the library an album that already exists but in a different format. Say, I have it on mp3 and I want to import the FLAC version. Instead of asking me what to do and import, I’m seeing this error message:

It says “No such file”, but as you can see in the screenshot above, those mp3 does exist in the folder. I don’t know how to fix it. Any clues?

I’m running beets in a seedbox using Gentoo.

Hi! I see that those files are there in your home directory (~), but what about the location that seems to be in the imported library (/mnt/mpathl/chetbaker/media)? Or is that your home directory, just with a funky path?

You can see exactly what files beets thinks are in your library, according to is database, using beet ls -p.

Thanks, adrian!
It should be the same path indeed. Because it’s a seedbox, the paths can be dodgy sometimes :wink:

But after reading your comment I run beet ls -p and I found a mix of paths on the library I wasn’t aware of. Some files are under /mnt/mpathl/chetbaker/media/Music/ and others under /home/chetbaker/media/Music/. Holy crap.

Is that the problem? What do you recommend me to do considering we are talking about a ~400GB library?

Hmm… if all of the actual music files are in one location, but the database is pointing to paths in both locations (some of which are nonexistent), that would indeed be the problem. :slight_smile:

One thing you could do is move your database file aside and try recreating it by running a beet import -A. Non-autotagged imports are usually a pretty fast way to reconstruct a database from files.