Beets stopping (seemingly) after every album

I wish i had more information to present on this… lets say for example I have 10 albums that need to be processed… what i’m observing on the cmd output is that all of the metadata is being queried for all 10 albums to the spec of the config file…after a few albums beats stops (or seems to stop processing) …If i select the cmd prompt and press enter on the cmd prompt window it begins to process again (perhaps this time moving data)…then it seems that the cmd prompt window simply just dies… I have verbose mode turned on, but it happens so quick i can’t tell why it’s quitting. This has become annoying enough to say something. I have updated to the latest version 1.6.0 in hopes that would fix it, but unfortunately it hasn’t. I have been working on the same 15 albums for about 4 hours now. With enough reattempts i have been able to move over a few, but the constant program failures is really slowing down the work.

providing my config file to hopefully provide insight, I am happy to show the log, but there is nothing relevent in it.

# files/directories matching one of these patterns are ignored during import
ignore: [".*", "*~", "System Volume Information", "lost+found"]
ignore_hidden: yes

# Paths ----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Paths and filenames for music files
# relative to music directory

directory: \\NAS\Multimedia\Music\
library: C:\Users\beets\musiclibrary.db
art_filename: thumb
per_disc_numbering: yes

paths:
    default: Artists/$albumartist/$year - $album %aunique{}/$albumartist - $album ($year) - %if{$multidisc,Disc $disc -}Track $track - $title - $format - $bitrate
    comp: Compilations/$year - $album %aunique{}/$albumartist - $album ($year) - %if{$multidisc,$disc-} Track $track - $title - $format - $bitrate
    albumtype:soundtrack: Soundtracks/$year - $album %aunique{}/$albumartist - $album ($year) - %if{$multidisc,$disc-} Track $track - $title - $format - $bitrate
    singleton: Singletons/$albumartist/$year - $album %aunique{}/$albumartist - $album ($year) - %if{$multidisc,$disc-} Track $track - $title - $format - $bitrate

sort_album: albumartist+ album+
sort_item: artist+ album+ disc+ track+
sort_case_insensitive: no

aunique:
    keys: albumartist album
    disambiguators: album albumtype year label catalognum albumdisambig releasegroupdisambig
    bracket: '[]'

item_fields:
    multidisc: 1 if disctotal > 1 else 0

import:
  # write metadata to music files
  write: yes
  # move imported files from source to the music directory
  move: yes
  #Singletons/$artistresume: ask
  log: C:\Users\beetslog.log
  quiet_fallback: skip
  timid: yes #Asks decision for every album import
  #quiet: yes #imports without prompts if specified criteria is met, otherwise skips
  Resume: yes

# Auto Tagger ----------------------------------------------------------------    
match:
    strong_rec_thresh: 0.04
    medium_rec_thresh: 0.25
    rec_gap_thresh: 0.25
    max_rec:
       missing_tracks: medium
       unmatched_tracks: medium
    #ignore_video_tracks: no
    ignored_media: ['Data CD', 'DVD', 'DVD-Video', 'Blu-ray', 'HD-DVD',
                   'VCD', 'SVCD', 'UMD', 'VHS', 'video']

# Plugins --------------------------------------------------------------------    
plugins: [
  info,
  fetchart,
  embedart,
  lyrics,
  lastgenre,
  ftintitle,
  inline,
  scrub,
  missing,
  zero,
  edit,
  unimported,
  discogs,
  #kodiupdate
  ]

#kodi:
 #   host: 
  #  port: 8080
   # user: kodi
    #pwd: 

lyrics:
    auto: yes

fetchart:
  cautious: true
  cover_names: cover front art album folder
  #minwidth: 500
  enforce_ratio: yes
  fanarttv_key: 
  lastfm_key: 
  sources: 
        - filesystem
        - coverart: thumb
        - fanarttv 
        - lastfm
        - coverart
        - itunes
        - coverart: releasegroup
        - amazon
        - Musicbrainz
        - albumart

embedart:
  compare_threshold: 50
  ifempty: yes

ftintitle:
  format: (feat. {0})

lastgenre:
  count: 1
  force: no
  source: track
  whitelist: C:\Users\\beets\genrewhitelist.txt

# files matching these patterns are deleted from source after import
clutter: 
 ["Thumbs.DB",".DS_Store","*.m3u","*.html","*.htm","*.jpg","*.nfo","*.log","*.url","*.cue","*.nzb","*.php","*.biz","*.txt","*.srr"]

# use mutliple threads during import
threaded: yes
#timeout: 5.0
verbose: yes

scrub:

missing:
    format: $albumartist - $album - $track - $title
    count: no
    total: no
zero:
  fields: comments

unimported:
    ignore_extensions: jpg png lrc txt nfo JPG
    ignore_subdirectories: \\NAS\Multimeida\Music\Artist Information\

Hello! Since you said you’re running in verbose mode, perhaps the logging output is just obscuring an interactive prompt that beets is waiting on? Try hitting enter to repeat the prompt (or turning off verbose mode for your import).

Hi Adrian, thanks for the reply. The stagnant cmd prompt output isn’t really my issue, sorry for being unclear…it’s an issue, but not really the one i’m concerned about, the issue i’m concerned about is the cmd prompt dying after going through all of the albums to be scraped and organized…since i can’t really produce an error message in this case, lemme see if i can make a youtube video about it…maybe that would help ?

update ok I made a quick video, it’s only 2 minutes long but it pretty much sums up what’s happening
long pauses until i press enter (this part doesn’t bother me so much) the part that bothers me is that it’s just dying without completing and i don’t understand why
00:20 ish …program appears to either have stalled or is moving files
01:00 I start checking the source files to see if anything is happening/moving/updating
01:44ish I make the cmd prompt the active window again and press ‘enter’ and the cmd prompt dies (note, the cmd prompt window dies regardless if i intervene or not)

I see. I think the main things to try are: (1) Is it possible to reproduce reliably? If so, you might try seeing if it’s always triggered by the same music. (2) Try disabling some/all plugins. (3) See if there are any patterns in the verbose log.

I think you will find that beets is actually doing things in the background, like scrubbing, zeroing, fetching lyrics.

Even though threaded is enabled there is not enough work in the pipeline.

Try turning ```threaded`` to no and running in verbose mode, beets will stop at every prompt and you can see what is happening.

It also looks like you moving files to the NAS so that will be a slow process as well. You are moving FLAC files

Also in the video when you click on the cmd prompt window I see that a selection highlight pops up, cmd wont print anymore until that selection is completed through either hitting enter, select or copy/cutting something

You could try using Task manager to expand what the command prompt is running. If any external commands to beets are running you can see those as well.

Happy to see log from verbose output if still happens in non-threaded mode.

Hi Both, I’ve tried turning threaded mode on and off, doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’d be surprised to know if beets is still running after the cmd prompt closes…I’ll have to check that.

I understand that there is a time delay for processing and moving…I don’t think that is the case here, I can see those things happening when verbose mode is enabled. I do get to read those things while the window is open, trouble is, when the window fails/closes It happens so quickly i can’t see what/if anything is wrong…Given that the source files are still in place, it leads me to believe that it was a failure.

Unless there is a log somewhere else, this is all that i can see printed in the log with or without verbose mode enabled. I’d be interested to know if there is a log somewhere else with verbose output…might even help me figure out where the issue is

duplicate-replace F:\Download Queues\Complete\Music - Lidarr\Kiss.-.Revenge.(1992.-.Rock).[Flac.24-192]
import started Mon Jan 17 07:52:50 2022
import started Mon Jan 17 08:32:40 2022
import started Mon Jan 17 08:48:37 2022
duplicate-replace F:\Download Queues\Complete\Music - Lidarr\Kiss.-.Revenge.(1992.-.Rock).[Flac.24-192]
import started Mon Jan 17 09:06:17 2022
import started Mon Jan 17 14:42:52 2022
import started Mon Jan 17 14:44:04 2022
import started Mon Jan 17 14:46:54 2022

going to try removing some of the CD’s and do 1 folder by 1 to see if it’s just a file issue

ok, I finally got smart and stopped using a batch file, at this point in time I have mostly all plugins disabled except lyrics and info.

Now i was able to see this error…this makes me think it’s perhaps a permissions error…traceback is also not good, but fit looks like the files cannot be moved …but i can access the drive from the machine…Going to chase permissions

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\__init__.py", line 496, in move
    os.replace(path, dest)
OSError: [WinError 17] The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: '\\\\?\\F:\\Download Queues\\Complete\\Music - Lidarr\\Usher.-.2001.-.8701.[FLAC]\\01 - Intro-lude 8701.flac' -> '\\\\?\\UNC\\Aries\\Multimedia\\Music\\Artists\\Usher\\2001 - 8701\\Usher - 8701 (2001) - Disc 01 -Track 01 - Intro-Lude 8701 - FLAC - 689kbps.flac'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts\beet-script.py", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('beets==1.6.0', 'console_scripts', 'beet')())
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1285, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1272, in _raw_main
    subcommand.func(lib, suboptions, subargs)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 973, in import_func
    import_files(lib, paths, query)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 943, in import_files
    session.run()
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 340, in run
    pl.run_parallel(QUEUE_SIZE)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 446, in run_parallel
    raise exc_info[1].with_traceback(exc_info[2])
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 358, in run
    self.coro.send(msg)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 170, in coro
    task = func(*(args + (task,)))
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 1566, in manipulate_files
    task.manipulate_files(
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 757, in manipulate_files
    item.move(operation)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 922, in move
    self.move_file(dest, operation)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 821, in move_file
    util.move(self.path, dest)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\__init__.py", line 499, in move
    prefix=py3_path(b'.' + os.path.basename(dest)),
TypeError: can't concat str to bytes

It is a known error that is being fixed in #4209 on Jan 12.

Try running beets …run the latest source version of beets?

And run not in batch mode again

It processed a few albums which was a pretty big improvement over what it had been doing, but i get a different error now

Sending event: database_change
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts\beet-script.py", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('beets==1.6.1', 'console_scripts', 'beet')())
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1285, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1272, in _raw_main
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 973, in import_func
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 943, in import_files
    session.run()
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 340, in run
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 446, in run_parallel
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 358, in run
    self.coro.send(msg)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 170, in coro
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 1566, in manipulate_files
    task.manipulate_files(
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 766, in manipulate_files
    plugins.send('import_task_files', session=session, task=self)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send
    result = handler(**arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1063, in assign_art
    self._set_art(task.album, candidate, not self.src_removed)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1048, in _set_art
    album.set_art(candidate.path, delete)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 1340, in set_art
    plugins.send('art_set', album=self)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beetsplug\embedart.py", line 187, in process_album
    art.embed_album(self._log, album, max_width, True,
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 103, in embed_album
    embed_item(log, item, imagepath, maxwidth, None, compare_threshold,
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 58, in embed_item
    if not check_art_similarity(log, item, imagepath, compare_threshold):
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 144, in check_art_similarity
    compare_proc = subprocess.Popen(
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

After disabling the “embedart” plugin it was able to process the files…which is great! …but poses a new problem …how do i get the embedart plugin to to crash?

For the album that was being imported you might want to do beet ls -p just to see where the files are located.

I cannot see if the call failed due to missing album_art or the files to be embedded are where beets thinks they are.

ok, I’ll re-enable the embedart plugin and circle back to this post… I run into this often so if/when i do I’ll post the error. Thank You for getting me unstuck!!

simply noting that i experienced this again tonight but was unable to capture the error message, I tried the command you suggested, but it listed all my albums and there is no way the command prompt buffer goes back far enough to retrieve it… I 'll get the error message next time around before trying the command

maybe try beet ls -p added:today

You may have to put today’s date in YYYY-MM-DD format if today does not work

1 Like

Got the traceback again (error in 2nd snippit)…1st snippit is the output i got after running the previously mentioned command, not sure what i should be seeing, but that’s what i got

C:\WINDOWS\system32>beet ls -p added: 2022-01-27
user configuration: C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\beets\config.yaml
data directory: C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\beets
plugin paths:
inline: adding item field multidisc
lyrics: Disabling google source: no API key configured.
artresizer: method is (2, (7, 1, 0), False)
Sending event: pluginload
library database: C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\beets\musiclibrary.db
library directory: \\Aries\Multimedia\Music
Sending event: library_opened
Sending event: cli_exit
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\Scripts\beet-script.py", line 33, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1285, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1272, in _raw_main
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 973, in import_func
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 943, in import_files
    session.run()
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 340, in run    pl.run_parallel(QUEUE_SIZE)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 446, in run_parallel
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 358, in run
    self.coro.send(msg)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 170, in coro
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 1566, in manipulate_files
    task.manipulate_files(
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 766, in manipulate_files
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send    result = handler(**arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1063, in assign_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1048, in _set_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 1340, in set_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send    result = handler(**arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\embedart.py", line 187, in process_album
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 103, in embed_album
    embed_item(log, item, imagepath, maxwidth, None, compare_threshold,
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 58, in embed_item
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 144, in check_art_similarity
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child

any feedback on this, or did i not grab the right info?

Sorry, I am wondering if either the source files, music or art, have been deleted or the destination files, as no files were added into the system on the day of import.

Not sure if files you are importing are local or located on the NAS device.

Can you try import again in verbose mode and include the full trace as well as the output of beet ls -p added:2022-02-04 and beet ls -p added:2202-02-03. Wanting to look at today’s date as well as yesterday as I remember there being a bug that used UTC time rather than local time.

No worries, just making sure this stays on top of the pile. I can sure try again, but wanted to provide an immediate response for the flow. Files are being moved from a data disk on a local machine where beets runs to a location on a NAS filer.

I’ll circle back with output, sorry how can i obtain the full traceback…the error message from before, I am only catching in the act when the error occurs. If I were to try to reproduce this, it would be the same way, unless there’s something else i need to enable or a path i need to look at?

beet ls -p added:2202-02-03

PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe>  beet ls -p added:2202-02-03
plugin paths:
library database: C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\beets\musiclibrary.db

beet ls -p added:2022-02-04

PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe> beet ls -p added:2022-02-04
plugin paths:
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 01 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - FLAC - 3079kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 02 - Love at First Feel - FLAC - 3204kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 03 - Big Balls - FLAC - 3034kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 04 - Rocker - FLAC - 3165kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 05 - Problem Child - FLAC - 3202kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 06 - There’s Gonna Be Some Rockin’ - FLAC - 3134kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 07 - Ain’t No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire) - FLAC - 3129kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 08 - Ride On - FLAC - 2845kbps.flac
\\Aries\Multimedia\Music\Artists\AC_DC\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\AC_DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1990) - Track 09 - Squealer - FLAC - 2964kbps.flac
PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe>

Full output with Traceback error message

PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe> beet ls -p -vv added: 2022-01-27
plugin paths:
Usage: beet list [options]
Example: beet list -f '$album: $title' artist:beatles

beet list: error: no such option: -v
PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe> beet ls -p -vv added: 2022-01-28
plugin paths:
Usage: beet list [options]
Example: beet list -f '$album: $title' artist:beatles

beet list: error: no such option: -v
PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe> beet -vv ls -p added: 2022-01-29
plugin paths:
PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe> beet -vv import "F:\Download Queues\Complete\Music - Lidarr"
plugin paths:
Sending event: import_begin
Sending event: import_task_created
Sending event: import_task_start
Looking up: F:\Download Queues\Complete\Music - Lidarr\ACDC.-.Dirty.Deeds.Done.Dirt.Cheap.(1976.-.Metal).[Flac.24-96]
Tagging AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
No album ID found.
Search terms: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Album might be VA: False
Searching for MusicBrainz releases with: {'release': 'dirty deeds done dirt cheap', 'artist': 'ac/dc', 'tracks': '9'}
Requesting MusicBrainz release fe86ab56-7de3-33fc-8305-478058af2e8c
Sending event: mb_track_extract
Sending event: mb_album_extract
Sending event: albuminfo_received
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (fe86ab56-7de3-33fc-8305-478058af2e8c)
Computing track assignment...
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.04
Requesting MusicBrainz release 3e0f0a93-8132-43c8-a1a0-e1c4bef9cbcd
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (3e0f0a93-8132-43c8-a1a0-e1c4bef9cbcd)
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.02
Requesting MusicBrainz release ae9c3760-7c2e-31b7-a7cc-020d9bb32718
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (ae9c3760-7c2e-31b7-a7cc-020d9bb32718)
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.02
Requesting MusicBrainz release 6cb7c5c9-ed68-48fc-9452-e9c710cfd6db
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (6cb7c5c9-ed68-48fc-9452-e9c710cfd6db)
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.01
Requesting MusicBrainz release 16486955-bb37-4142-8c0a-07762fa6b9c5
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (16486955-bb37-4142-8c0a-07762fa6b9c5)
...done.
discogs: Searching for master release 8412
discogs: Searching for master release 190947
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (961560)
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.05
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (773300)
...done.
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (400605)
...done.
Success. Distance: 0.26
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (864991)
...done.
Candidate: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (2097182)
...done.
Evaluating 10 candidates.

F:\Download Queues\Complete\Music - Lidarr\ACDC.-.Dirty.Deeds.Done.Dirt.Cheap.(1976.-.Metal).[Flac.24-96] (9 items)
Sending event: import_task_before_choice
Sending event: before_choose_candidate
Tagging:
    AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
URL:
    https://musicbrainz.org/release/6cb7c5c9-ed68-48fc-9452-e9c710cfd6db
(Similarity: 98.5%) (label) (CD, 1990, US, Atlantic, 16033-2)
 * There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' ->
   There’s Gonna Be Some Rockin’
 * Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire) ->
   Ain’t No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire)
[A]pply, More candidates, Skip, Use as-is, as Tracks, Group albums,
Enter search, enter Id, aBort, eDit, edit Candidates? A
Sending event: import_task_choice
Sending event: import_task_apply
0 of 9 items replaced
lastgenre: added last.fm album genre (album): Hard Rock
lastgenre: added last.fm item genre (track): Hard Rock
lastgenre: added last.fm item genre (album): Hard Rock
lastgenre: added last.fm item genre (album): Hard Rock
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Dirty-Deeds-Done-Dirt-Cheap (404)
lyrics: Received unusual song page html
lyrics: got lyrics from backend: Genius
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Squealer (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Squealer
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Big-Balls (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Big Balls
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Problem-Child (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Problem Child
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Ain%27T-No-Fun-%28Waiting-Round-To-Be-A-Millionaire%29 (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Ain’t No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire)
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Love-At-First-Feel (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Love at First Feel
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Rocker (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Rocker
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/There%27S-Gonna-Be-Some-Rockin%27 (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - There’s Gonna Be Some Rockin’
lyrics: failed to fetch: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Ac/Dc/Ride-On (404)
lyrics: fetched lyrics: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Ride On
fetchart: trying source filesystem for album AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
fetchart: trying source fanarttv for album AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
fetchart: getting URL: https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/music/albums/f30734f4-333c-344c-98e9-71174cc5ebde
fetchart: downloading image: https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/66c662b6-6e2f-4930-8610-912e24c63ed1/albumcover/dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap-5fef139ab3060.jpg
fetchart: downloaded art to: C:\Users\ANDREW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpip7klrqf.jpg
fetchart: image size: (1000, 1000)
fetchart: using remote image C:\Users\ANDREW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpip7klrqf.jpg
Sending event: before_item_moved
Sending event: item_moved
Sending event: write
zero: comments: AUAP07600046 -> None
Sending event: after_write
zero: comments: AUAP07600050 -> None
zero: comments: AUAP07600051 -> None
zero: comments: AUAP07600049 -> None
zero: comments: AUAP07600047 -> None
zero: comments: USSM10412806 -> None
zero: comments: USSM10412807 -> None
zero: comments: AUAP07600048 -> None
zero: comments: USEW17600002 -> None
Sending event: import_task_files
Sending event: art_set
embedart: Embedding album art into AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
embedart: Extracting album art from: AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap to: C:\Users\ANDREW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpfl6il2mf.jpg
embedart: comparing images with pipeline ['convert', '\\\\Aries\\Multimedia\\Music\\Artists\\AC_DC\\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\\thumb.jpg', 'C:\\Users\\ANDREW~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpfl6il2mf.jpg', '-colorspace', 'gray', 'MIFF:-'] | ['compare', '-metric', 'PHASH', '-', 'null:']
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\Scripts\beet-script.py", line 33, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1285, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\__init__.py", line 1272, in _raw_main
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 973, in import_func
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\ui\commands.py", line 943, in import_files
    session.run()
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 340, in run
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 446, in run_parallel
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 358, in run
    self.coro.send(msg)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\util\pipeline.py", line 170, in coro
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 1566, in manipulate_files
    task.manipulate_files(
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\importer.py", line 766, in manipulate_files
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1063, in assign_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\fetchart.py", line 1048, in _set_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\library.py", line 1340, in set_art
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 488, in send
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\plugins.py", line 145, in wrapper    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beetsplug\embedart.py", line 187, in process_album
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 103, in embed_album    embed_item(log, item, imagepath, maxwidth, None, compare_threshold,
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 58, in embed_item
  File "C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\beets\art.py", line 144, in check_art_similarity
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
PS C:\Users\Andrew Sutcliffe>

embedart: comparing images with pipeline ['convert', 'embedart: comparing images with pipeline ['convert', '\\\\Aries\\Multimedia\\Music\\Artists\\AC_DC\\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\\thumb.jpg', 'C:\\Users\\ANDREW~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpfl6il2mf.jpg', '-colorspace', 'gray', 'MIFF:-'] | ['compare', '-metric', 'PHASH', '-', 'null:']', 'C:\\Users\\ANDREW~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpfl6il2mf.jpg', '-colorspace', 'gray', 'MIFF:-'] | ['compare', '-metric', 'PHASH', '-', 'null:']

One of these 2 files is deleted/missing from when beets checks for existence to the embadart comparison.

I am not sure how

\\Aries\\Multimedia\\Music\\Artists\\AC_DC\\1990 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap\\thumb.jpg

Is being created? Does the NAS do some automatic creation of the thumb.jpg from the music file.

Can you try making the music location a local drive/directory on your machine?