Beet move problem

I think I may have found a bug.

I used beet move overnight to move all my files to a new directory.

All went well, but I tried beet move again this morning and it wanted to move 50 files.

And every time I ran it, it kept trying to move the same 50 files.

I looked at the files and it looks like the album names all contain either a dot or a dash, or some other character that is not a space, letter or number. I’ll get a verbose output and add it here in a bit.

Ok, here is verbose output:

andy@ubuntu-server:~/.config/beets$ beet -v move
user configuration: /home/andy/.config/beets/config.yaml
data directory: /home/andy/.config/beets
plugin paths:
Sending event: pluginload
inline: adding item field multidisc
lyrics: Disabling google source: no API key configured.
rewrite: adding template field artist シートベルツ
lastgenre: Loading canonicalization tree /home/andy/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/beetsplug/lastgenre/genres-tree.yaml
library database: /mnt/storage/music/library.db
library directory: /mnt/music-library
Sending event: library_opened
Moving 50 items (31888 already in place).
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/01 We've Only Just Begun.2.flac
Sending event: before_item_moved
Sending event: item_moved
Sending event: database_change
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/02 Top of the World.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/03 Ticket to Ride.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/04 Superstar.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/05 Rainy Days and Mondays.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/06 Goodbye to Love.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/07 Yesterday Once More.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/08 It's Going to Take Some Time.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/09 Sing.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/10 For All We Know.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/11 Hurting Each Other.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Carpenters/The Singles 1969-1973/12 (They Long to Be) Close to You.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/01 I Love Rock 'n' Roll.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/02 (I'm Gonna) Run Away.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/03 Love Is Pain.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/04 Nag.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/05 Crimson and Clover.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/06 Victim of Circumstance.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/07 Bits and Pieces.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/08 Be Straight.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/09 You're Too Possessive.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts/I Love Rock 'n' Roll/10 Little Drummer Boy.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/01 The Heart of Rock & Roll.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/02 Heart and Soul.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/03 Doing It All for My Baby.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/04 Do You Believe in Love.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/05 Trouble in Paradise.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/06 The Power of Love.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/07 If This Is It.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/08 Bad Is Bad.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/09 Workin' for a Livin'.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/10 It's Alright.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/11 Stuck With You.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/12 I Want a New Drug.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/13 100 Years From Now.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/14 So Little Kindness.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/15 'Til the Day After.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Huey Lewis and the News/Time Flies... The Best of Huey Lewis & The News/16 When the Time Has Come.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/01 Slow Ride.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/02 True Lies.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/03 Blue on Black.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.2.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.1.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/04 Everything Is Broken.2.flac
moving album art /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.1.jpg to /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/cover.2.jpg
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/05 I Don't Live Today.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/06 (Long) Gone.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/07 Somehow, Somewhere, Someway.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/08 I Found Love (When I Found You).2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/09 King's Highway.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/10 Nothing to Do With Love.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/11 Chase the Rainbow.2.flac
moving: /mnt/music-library/FLAC/Kenny Wayne Shepherd/Trouble Is.._/12 Trouble Is.._.2.flac
Sending event: cli_exit
andy@ubuntu-server:~/.config/beets$

And here is my config.yaml:

plugins: lastgenre replaygain ftintitle fetchart embedart lastgenre info lyrics chroma scrub inline web convert rewrite duplicates export hook

fanarttv_key: -----------------------------------------
directory: /mnt/music-library
library: /mnt/storage/music/library.db
per_disc_numbering: yes
asciify_paths: yes
match:
   preferred:
      media: ['CD']

import:
   write: yes
   move: yes
   timid: yes
lastgenre:
   canonical: yes
   count: 3
   separator: ', '
replaygain:
   backend: gstreamer
   auto: yes
   overwrite: yes
scrub:
paths:
    default: $format/$albumartist/$album %if{%aunique{},($year - $label)}/%if{$multidisc,$disc-}$track $title
item_fields:
    multidisc: 1 if disctotal > 1 else 0
ftintitle:

web:
    host: ---.----.-.--

convert:
    auto: no
    copy_album_art: yes
    dest: /mnt/storage/lossy
    embed: yes
    never_convert_lossy_files: yes
    format: aac
    formats:
        aac:
            command: /home/andy/convert.sh $source $dest
            extension: m4a
        mp3:
            command: ffmpeg -i $source -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 0 $dest
            extension: mp3
rewrite:
    artist シートベルツ: The Seatbelts

hook:
    hooks:
        - event: item_converted
          command: touch /mnt/storage/lossy/$artist

fetchart:
    cautious: true
    sources: filesystem fanarttv itunes *

@apastuszak I don’t have a solution, but I just wanted to chime in that I have also encountered this bug. It seems to be related to some file path collision avoidance logic, where it appends .1, .2, etc., to the filename before the file extension.