What media player do you use on Android?

I’m pretty satisfied with Musicolet right now, but I’m curious to know what others use instead.

Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.krosbits.musicole

2 Likes

Great recommendation. I’d been using Pi Music Player for music and VLC for podcasts but Musicolet looks like a good replacement.

I use GMMP (GoneMAD Music Player). I tried a bunch of different apps and did a lot of research as well. This seems to be the best player for OCD music geeks like myself. One essential feature I was looking for that almost none of the players have is the ability to browse by the Album Artist tag, which I use quite extensively in my MP3s. It has a pretty extensive list of features as well, and it looks like the new version will be even more feature rich. Also I heard the developer is a Redditor and responds to feedback pretty often if you comment on his page, but I haven’t looked into that.

I also liked MediaMonkey solely because it can read the Composer MP3 tag, which I store my labels in, so I can browse by record label. But it didn’t beat GMMP in other ways so I didn’t keep it.