What is the timeframe for the v1.5.0 release?

Just curious. Is there a planned date for the next release? I have a few PRs and ideas that I would like to be included in it but I need to plan ahead.

2 Likes

Any ideas of what v1.5.0 might bring in terms of additional features?

I would like to release it as soon as possible! To be perfectly honest, the bottleneck is me finding the time it takes to do a good job packaging up a release—an hour or two to go over the release notes with a fine-toothed comb, etc. I really should do it soon.

OK, thanks. No pressure from my side. I am perfectly happy with the master branch.

How long have you been using master? How stable is it? I need the bs1770gain compatability, but I’m not sure if I should trust my collection with it.

Hi @phirestalker, I am an adventurous early adopter type but I only use the master branch for development with a separate config/library in its own conda environment. I would not be able to tell you how stable it is - what I can tell you is that we are only merging PRs that pass all tests. Sure, coverage is not 100% and even if it was you could introduce errors but it is a pretty solid branch. My suggestion to you is to create a separate environment, clone the master branch and test it with a partial copy of your music files to see if it works for what you need. I am not sure what the bs1770gain compatability is about so I cannot tell if this is just a one-off thing or you will need it in a continuous manner. I hope this helps.

Not sure how helpful this would be, but maybe some of the packaging can be automated?