Forming a beets "core team"

opened https://github.com/beetbox/beets/pull/3643

I’m fine with bite-sized, or the concept of it at least, doesn’t really matter to me what you call it. I hadn’t realized good-first-issue was also commonplace, but basically the idea is that first-timers-only is more explicitly reserved for those that haven’t contributed to open source before, with those issues having a great deal more hand holding and guiding than normal.

Hopefully a dev chat room can start to gain some traction and we can get a couple of willing developers :slight_smile:

Speaking of… I was looking into gitter some more as I hadn’t used it before, and it seems like it relies on a web-based platform for mobile apps i.e. deprecating their current android/ios apps. May be something to consider if you aren’t hard set on gitter already. I personally like discord, it’s more widespread and has more features, but I can see its propensity towards gaming being offputting… someone broke down a nice set of pros/cons here

edit: discord also supports bots for github which could be useful

If you want, I could setup/handle the admin stuff of the discord but obviously have you as a full permissions owner.

1 Like