Chroma/acouticid issue and Library not exporting to directory

Just having problems getting the pyacoustid and chroma plugins to work… I have everything installed but I need to know the filenames it’s looking for in order for it to startup…

I also have a problem when starting up beets (command not found) but I am sure I can fix that with help from the Faq. I also have an issue because my beets library is only exporting a select few of albums to my directory (10%) in no specific order either … :cold_sweat:

Thanks in advance… sorry for the excess amount of threads (very eager).

Hmm… I don’t quite understand. Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do? Perhaps with example commands?

I will address my two issues in the same order:

To get the full potential out of beets and tagging my files I thought fingerprinting was a good way to go. I enabled the plugins in the config.yaml file with ease but (plugin: chroma) but there may be and issue with the plugin not being able to locate it’s files. I followed the Plugin help doc I was able to download all the files necessary.
I downloaded (fpcalc and placed it in my /usr/local/bin, installed chroma via homebrew, chromaprint (and it’s command line tool), and the pyacoustid library).

When installing chromaprint with homebrew I get:
==> Downloading https://cmake.org/files/v3.8/cmake-3.8.0.tar.gz
Already downloaded: /Users/zol/Library/Caches/Homebrew/cmake-3.8.0.tar.gz
Then:
==> ./bootstrap --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.8.0 --no-system-libs --parallel=2 --datadir=/share/cmake --docdir=/share/doc/cmake --mandir=/share/man --system-zlib --system-bzi
(this last line stays in the terminal until I restart) I’m guessing this is because the file is already downloaded.

My second issue lies in my directory not saving properly… I have 2000 odd files that I fixed up nicely in the beets library that aren’t all saving to my ~/Music. There are a few albums that are saving but the issue still lies in the majority of my files simply not saving. Am I looking over a simple command that could fix this issue?
Following this the terminal flickers between cmake, ruby and sh…

Thanks for the quick reply!

P.S. Here’s some more stuff… Also it’s can’t go unnoticed how amazing beets is. Thank you so much!! :grin:

** error loading plugin chroma:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/beets-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/beets/plugins.py”, line 254, in load_plugins
namespace = import(modname, None, None)
File “/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/beets-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/beetsplug/chroma.py”, line 27, in
import acoustid
File “/usr/local/bin/acoustid.py”, line 20, in
ImportError: No module named requests

** plugin pyacoustid not found
beets version 1.4.3
Python version 2.7.5
plugins: bpm, duplicates, edit, embedart, export, fromfilename, ftintitle, fuzzy, importfeeds, play, replaygain, rewrite, smartplaylist

Sounds like everything is working fine with chroma? If you have everything installed, that should be all you need.

I’m still not quite getting what you mean by “not saving”… is there some way you can give us steps to reproduce the problem?

Those errors indicate missing dependencies for the plugins. You’ll need to install “requests” with pip, for example.

Thank you

By “not saving” I mean that my library (in beets) that normally exports or saves to my ~/Music folder doesn’t contain all of the files that are in my beet library.

I opted out of installing pip and I’m guessing I can’t install “requests” separately…

Are you saying that beets has put some of your music in a different directory from where you were expecting? I still don’t quite see how you got there, but you might try using the beet move command if you need to consolidate things.

"I opted out of installing pip and I’m guessing I can’t install “requests” separately…"
EDIT: LIBRARY PROBLEM FIXED!